Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Positive Emotions

Positive Emotions – Are They Really Necessary – YOU BET!!!

Positive emotions are essential for change, growth, functioning, health and well-being. You can choose to convert negative self-talk that currently tends to plague your daily life. START with “I CAN”

The following are common types of thinking that can get you in trouble fast!

Rationalizing -  I can eat what I want now that I hit my weight goal.

Underestimating Consequences – Walking every day really does not matter to my weight

Deluded Thinking – I blew it with that donut, might as well keep eating

Arbitrary Rules – I was raised to clean my plate

Mind Reading – I will hurt their feelings if I say no to her cake

Exaggerating – I can not LIVE without my chocolate ( actually you cannot live with it)

Justifying – I deserve to pig out – I am so depressed

Emotional reasoning -  I feel fat, I will never look good enough


The approach is reframing and we can help you do this at Your Weight Loss For Life with our coaches and doctor/nurses who ARE present for all visits to our program. This  will build confidence, resilience, and make you flexible tolerate change. Come see us to start your new LifeStyle Journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment