Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Positive Emotions

Positive Emotions – Are They Really Necessary – YOU BET!!!

Positive emotions are essential for change, growth, functioning, health and well-being. You can choose to convert negative self-talk that currently tends to plague your daily life. START with “I CAN”

The following are common types of thinking that can get you in trouble fast!

Rationalizing -  I can eat what I want now that I hit my weight goal.

Underestimating Consequences – Walking every day really does not matter to my weight

Deluded Thinking – I blew it with that donut, might as well keep eating

Arbitrary Rules – I was raised to clean my plate

Mind Reading – I will hurt their feelings if I say no to her cake

Exaggerating – I can not LIVE without my chocolate (actually you cannot live with it)

Justifying – I deserve to pig out – I am so depressed



Dr. B (Remember to Like us on Facebook – Your Weight Loss For Life


No comments:

Post a Comment